Curcumin is the main curcuminoid of the Indian spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), a member of the ginger family (Zingiberaceae), and is responsible for the spice’s bright yellow color. In recent years curcumin has been linked to multiple health benefits and has demonstrated anticancer, antioxidant, antiarthritic, antiamyloid, anti-ischemic, and anti-inflammatory properties, both in vitro and in animal studies.
Curcumin has cleansing properties, particularly for the gut, liver and hepato-biliary system. It should be avoided in case of gallstones, as it can trigger a biliary colic. Curcumin has a powerful detoxifying effect, as it induces the production of liver enzymes.
Many scientific studies support the role of Curcumin in promoting weight loss and in reducing obesity-related diseases. Curcumin interacts directly with white fat to suppress chronic inflammation.
Oat contains Beta-Glucan, which helps to reduce blood cholesterol. Oat contains also Avenanthramide, a group of phenolic alkaloids with antioxidant activity.
Here is an easy and tasty recipe, particularly indicated in low sugar diet, when inserted inside a previous medical evaluation.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1½ pound of chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of Curcuma
- 2 tbsp of oat flour
- 2 pinches of Himalayas pink salt
- 2 pinches of Chilli Pepper
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- Some parsley
For the light mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of peanut or olive oil
- Half a cup of yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of unprocessed lemon juice
- Half tsp of salt
- Cut the chicken breast and chop it coarsely.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend on.
- Turn the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Using a large spoon or the ice tongs prepare your meatballs. Should the dough be little workable, consider adding one egg.
- Put into the oven on a tray and bake for 15-20 mins. Check cooking with a toothpick.
In the meanwhile, prepare your mayonnaise:
- Put the egg, the oil, salt and lemon juice in a tall and narrow container and blend on high using a stick blender. Make sure that blades are touching the bottom of your container, then move the stick repeatedly upwards and downwards for about 30 sec, until the mayonnaise appears dense and creamy.
- Add the yoghurt and keep on blending for about 5 seconds.
Serve your meatballs with grilled veggies, ketchup and the light mayonnaise.