The oven-baked breaded chicken breast is a gorgeous and crunchy dish, particularly easy to make as a main course. It should have a crisp outer texture, while the inner part should remain brittle yet tender.
Baked chicken breast is as tasty as any other cooking way, particularly when compared to deep-fried chicken, against which it is healthier.
It is well-known that a regular consumption of deep-fried foods is linked to the onset of many forms of cancer, including breast, lung, pancreas, head and neck, esophagus and prostate. Limiting the consumption of these foods is therefore a key factor in the prevention of cancer and other diseases, particularly those age-related.
Breading is made with a mix of breadcrumbs, parmesan or parmesan-like cheese and fine herbs, held together by eggs and olive oil.
Baking allows meat to remain tender and juicy, while breading is particularly crunchy and tasty, owing to the parmesan, finely grated. This mixture can be enriched and customized to your heart’s desire, adding spices and fresh herbs: just as an example, you can add also grated ginger, basil, almonds and minced garlic.
Chicken breast can be prepared even a few hours ahead, then baked right before serving.
Baked chicken breast is definitely a healthy dish, particularly welcome on any table and on children’s parties.
Ingredients for 3-4 persons
- 1 pound of chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 eggs
- Half a cup of grated cheese (parmesan or parmesan-like)
- 2 cups of fine breadcrumbs (about 250 grams)
- 1 lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil, q.s.
- A pinch of salt
- Some fine herbs, finely chopped (rosemary, sage, marjoram)
- Cut into thin slices your chicken breast (the thinner the slices, the better), put them in a large bowl, add salt and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Beat the eggs with the cheese and add the compound to the bowl.
- Mingle altogether, so as to season well your slices.
- Coat them with breadcrumbs and put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with just a little bit of olive oil on top right before baking.
- Turn the oven to 170°C/330°F (always pre-heated).
- Bake for about 20-25 mins.
- Serve with lemon slices.
This main course is superb when accompanied with a dish of stewed peppers, onions and tomatoes aside. Just try it!